Posts Tagged ‘certificate’

Question by di: How do I obtain a CITES certificate to import my pet birds from the USA to Costa Rica?
I have two Pionus parrots that I want to move from the US to Costa Rica. I am working with a vet in the US to get the quarantine and testing done, but he has not gone through the process of obtaining the certificate and therefore would have to research the process as well. I also appreciate any suggestions about how to obtain the certificate in a timely way.

Best answer:

Answer by Tim
You have to obtain a permit to export from the US Fish and Wildlife. Also you need an import permit from Costa Rica.Also be aware that you will need the same permissions to taske them out of Costa Rica. Costa Rica does not generally allow the removal of any type of wildlife from the counrty, so be aware that you may have leave your birds if you move back.

Give your answer to this question below!

Copyright © 2012 ·Nosara